Follow Friday: Who Do You Think You Are?


By Megan Smolenyak






















I was walking around Barnes & Noble looking at the genealogy books of course, and came across this one. I love the series so much I just had to buy the book. I am Glad I did!


The beginning starts you out with preparing your family history and how to start the hunt. The chapters to follow list many wonderful resources on the web like Cyndi's list, and footnote, just to mention a few to help with your searches. There's chapters on census, vital records, and even going as far back as the Old Country.
This book is a very easy read and for those just starting out it has simple language and how to. As far as the more experienced genealogist there's chapters for you too. Like DNA, which I am going to do in the very near future. Also how to find clues and intrepid them. The end of the book has a chapter on how to get your family history into book form, which is something I have been meaning to do.

I strongly suggest this book to each and every genealogist out there, rather your just starting or have been doing genealogy for years like me. Megan Smolenyak is a wonderful writer/genealogist, I love her work. If you love this TV series you will want the book!



</">

Comments

  1. I never looked at the book I thought it was about the series. But, since your review I have learned it is about "how to" I will definitely check consider the book on my next book store visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment